Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta xd 7 mirror lock up Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta xd 7 mirror lock up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bill

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, trouble with an xd 7 , camera winds on & fires in b - 0 mode, any other mode mirror locks up untill batteries are removed , all l.e.d.s are ok, battery connections clean, cleaned the shutter magnet with a bit of isapol, all conections under bottom plate look good, help please , thank you bill

Ezio

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 03:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When the mirror locks up, do the shutter courtain also remain open or they close normally? In the first case there is a problem with the light meter. If there is a meter problem, before re-checking wirings and connections trhe very first potential culprit is the film speed dial. In both of mine XD7 this tended to come loose with use and shift towards "0" film speed with predictable consequences.

bill

Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, thank you for your response , yes the curtain does stay open, the film speed dial feels ok, i will remove the top cover & check this, any more would be great, have a nice christmas, bill

bill

Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, had the top cannot find any problems so have rebuilt still the same, could the caps cause this problem, bill

Ezio

Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would seem that very little or no electricity reach the meter, so that the camera sees very little ligtht and thinks it must produce a veeeery longt aperture. First thing you want to do is to check and clean the contacts in the battery compartment. Beyond this I'm afraid you will have to hope for an answer from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Ezio

Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 03:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry I forgot the most stupid thing. You say the LEDs are OK, but what does this exactly mean?Does the meter shows reasonable values?

bill

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, the l.e.d.s. show good readings with different aperture settings, i will try changing the capacitys , i know capacitys give problems with the minolta x700 , thank you for your help, bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration