Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Cobra Canon Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Cobra Canon « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Wilson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Click on this link if you would like a chuckle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-Canon-AE-1-for-FD-lenses-not-F-1-A-1-T-90_W0QQitemZ7575410526QQcategoryZ107919QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Roberto Rossi

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This has been on eBay before. The new covering looks pretty crap, both in looks and fit - skin has not been pared down enough, far too thick.

Ed von

Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 06:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've had some dealings with this clown.If you buy anything from him check out what he paid for it by checking feedback for therudy He's running 2 accounts on ebay.

Ed

Winfried

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 04:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree that any tinkerer could do the same job or even better with a carpet knife and some leatherette from an old ladies' handbag. I am not too proud of this but I have made better coverings myself.

WernerJB

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When not so very long ago I found it unreasonalbe to create a makeshift 19th century style camera by giving the hardware a brassy finish I was subjected to sharp and rude replies. Someone was lecturing that everybody can decide for themselves what to do with one's property. Although personally speaking this "Cobra Canon" is extremely unpleasant to look at, somebody else may call it a piece of art. Only flies are always right in matters of taste.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is not the type of skin used which I find fault with - as already said taste is up to the individual. However if the Dealer wants to sell at an inflated price, he should ensure that the workmanship is commensurate with the asking price. The covering is far too thick at the edges and the direction of the scales is not aligned correctly to give good wear properties.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration