Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica IIIa shutter repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica IIIa shutter repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Haig Hovaness

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need information on how to remove the shutter assembly from the Konica IIIa. The shutter blades have been dislodged from their mounting pivots. Must one remove the front plate of the camera, or can the shutter mechanism be removed by some other means?

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By trial and error, I found out that the shutter assembly of the Konica IIIa is held in place by a retaining nut around the rear lens element. This is very good news, since the leather covering on this camera is notoriously brittle and fragile, and tearing through it to remove the front assembly would greatly complicate a restoration project. It looks like the only thing wrong with my IIIa is some loose fasteners in the shutter that allowed the blades to slip off their pivots. I plan to make some images of the repair work, which I may post on this forum if I can figure out how to submit a repair article.

Marco

Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Happy New Year Haig!
As probably many others, I will be eagerly awaiting details from your experience with the IIIa shutter.
In mine it just doesn't open; I had so far been very hesitant to any attempt that might damage such a beautiful camera. Best of luck to you. And many thanks in advance!
Marco

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration