Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-9 stickly 2nd curtain Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta XG-9 stickly 2nd curtain « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Martin Seelig

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 11:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an XG-9 that works except the 2nd curtain doesn't always travel to the very end when released. When shutter speeds are above 1/60th then it does and the film advance works smoothly. At slower speeds the 2nd curtain reaches the first curtain (no light between the two), however it doesn't fully slide under the 1st curtain, and sometimes the film advance catches. If I (very gently) push the 2nd curtain over until it is under the 1st curtain, then the film advance operates smoothly. My question is can I increase the windup spring tension (with the ratchets) to alleviate this problem and if so how do I determine the correct amount.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration