Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya m645 Prism Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya m645 Prism « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ian Rose

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a mamiya m645 with standard prism the problem with the prism is that the mirror is delamenateing and needs replaceing what I need is some help takeing the prism apart to repiar it.

paul ron

Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Call Mamiya at 914 347-3300 and ask for an exploded view of it. That will show you all the componenets of the prism so you'll get a better idea of how to open it.

Ian Rose

Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the sugestion about contacting Mamiya and requesting parts digram but as I live in western Canada I get refered to there Canadian Agents Who are not very helpful.Thanks in antisaption

paul ron

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You do know prisms don't have separate mirrors? It's one big chunk of glass with mirrored surfaces. The only repair you can do is remirror the surfaces or replace the chunk of mirrored prism glass.

There was once a fellow here that did some experimenting with silvering and was very good at it. I don't know if he is still doing silvering in the lab he works at but maybe someone else can chime in and help find a silvering service for you.

If you have access to a lab, I can give you the proceedure? You do need lab experiance because the acids are not to be reconed with unless you know what you are doing.

Exactly what model is that prism?... about how old so i have a reference to @date of manufacture? Give me some descrpition that can identify it if there are a couple styles of the same prism?

I'll call Mamiya and get the diagram faxed to me in NYC, I'll scan it and send it to you via e-mail.

Ian Roser

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The prism is the basic non metered prism for the M645/ 1000s date of manufacture unknown but the non metered prism were the same the prism has got just the mamiya badge on the front not the mamiya 645 badge

paul ron

Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK I'll call em in the morning. Have you checked the for sale sections? A friend in Canada once was finding these prisms very cheap when he was in the market for em. there seemed to plenty of them available as well. Have you considered buying another replacement?

Ian Rose

Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks A lot I had a look on e bay and the only ones I saw had simlar problems anyway thanks for contacting Mamiya for me

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration