Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak 620 bellows replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Kodak 620 bellows replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I need to remove the bellows from mk kodak 620 to send away for a new one to be made. How do I go about this

Peter Wallage

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not sure about the 620, but if it follows the same pattern as a couple of other Kodaks on which I've replaced bellows, they're held at the front inside by a ring surrounding the lens, and at the back by a number of metal tags bent over the last small fold of the bellows. I think it's three each side, two top and two bottom. If yours is like this you can see the tags by looking inside the back. They're awkward to get at, but I lifted them by shaping the end of an old screwdriver like a hockey stick. To bend them back down again I bent the tips of a cheap pair of long needle-nosed pliers (50p on a market stall) at right angles after getting them red hot, and ground the ends flat.

Peter

John Shriver

Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The bellows are probably held to the front with rivets. Annoying to remove, and you have to replace them with other hardware.

The tabs on the back are much easier to remove if you cut the bellows out first, giving you better access to the tabs.

eBay seller frendakfurnari has a lot of NOS Kodak bellows in his eBay store. Just remember to move the black yarn from the back of the old bellows to the new one.

Richard

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks both for the replies. On looking at the bellows closer last night it looks that they are held by a ring at the front. Great tip about the hooks at the back. Cutting the bellows will help.
I phoned camera bellows today and they will make me a set for £25. They require my set as a pattern but if they are cut can they work from that? Another phone call again tomorrow morning I think.

Many thanks.

Peter Wallage

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard,
I forgot to add that there's usually a metal plate at the front inside the first fold, and another, more like a frame, at the back inside the last, small, fold. Check with Camera Bellows whether or not they need them and, if not, make sure you retrieve them before sending the bellows as a pattern or you may not get them back.

Peter

Richard

Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. bellows now succesfully removed. Camera bellows required both plates as the have to fit them at manufacture.
Looking forward to getting the bellows back and using my camera once again!

Charles Fallis

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BTW, last time I checked, Craig Camera was selling "new old stock" replacement bellows for several models of Kodak cameras for around $10 each. You might want to check there.

Frank Ward

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have recently aquired a KODAK VIGILANT Six
Sixteen folding camera in the origional box along with the paper work. Only problem is the bellows.
They are stuck together and breaking apart. Can any ont tell me where I can purchace a replacement bellows of good quality with instructions on instaling it?
Thank You, Frank Ward

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration