Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rolleiflex SL 35 E shutter won't stay... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Rolleiflex SL 35 E shutter won't stay cocked « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Frederick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just got a Rolleiflex SL 35 E to play with that has a shutter problem. It will wind if you piddle about with the shutter release, but the shutter fires at the end of the winder lever travel and the mirror rises as I wind. I've taken the bottom off and it appears that there is at least one spring missing (between a vertial lever beside the film spool gear and part of the shutter escapment or latch).

It's evident that someone has been in here before me, and they didn't appear to know that they were about -- is it possible to have the mirror mechanism re-installed out of synch or something (the leather is loose on the front, I assume the mirror box has been off).
Any reasonable sources of parts diagrams or repair manuals for this thing? I really don't what to pay more for the manuals that I did for the body...

Electronics seem to be fine -- meter works more or less properly, but I cannot (obviously) test the shutter.

By the way, the shutter on this thing is really neat! Vertical blind with a semi-rotary motion, and with the electronic controls, seems to be pretty simple. Maybe too simple, since it won't stay cocked!

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration