Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon Fe Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon Fe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Riaz

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 16, 2004 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can someone guide me as to how I can service and Lube my Camera.
I dont know any reliable place here in Toronto and Iam new to the City.
I also want to clean a foam mark from my screen

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Riaz,

The focusing screens are removable on the FE, pull the little latch and the screen and metal holder will drop down. I use alcohol to remove foam carefully as the screens are easy to scratch. The screen can't be installed upside down in the FE unless the tang on the screen has been filed off.

I don't do routine CLAs on cameras so I can't help you much, is the shutter and exposure control/metering working properly? The FE suffers a lack of parts for the FRE resistor and they can be fragile and easy to break. Unless the camera is malfunctioning I would leave it alone unless you have a lot of experience working on 5 dollar cameras.

I may have a copy of an FE manual someplace, email me and I will send you what I have.

Ciao
Sean

edmundo

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Maybe you can send me too ? I was given a well-used FE, the shutter is locked, I don´t want to disassemble it without some knowledge....

Jim Brokaw

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sean -- I have a very nice FE, but the shutter only works on M and the 'manual'-90 settings. Is that symptom a sign of FRE failure...? I've got the exploded drawing for disassembly that's on the rangefinderforum website, but if you have a more complete service manual I'd also appreciate a copy. Knowledge is always good to have...

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jim,
If it works properly on M90 but not at other (non B) settings, it could be several different things including something simple like continuity in the power line. I would have to go back and examine the manual for the exact troubleshooting sequence. I will email you.
Sean

Jim Brokaw

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Sean, I got the manual (long download on dial-in, but -worth- it!) and I will check it out. That's what so great about this forum, there is SO much knowledge available...!

Jordan

Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know how much it might cost to repair a light meter in a nikon FE2 ?

Ron

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NEED "K" Type Nikon Split Focus Screen for my Nikon FE, new or used (in very good condition Please)

If anyone knows where I can purchase said part please let me know, my camera has the verticle and horizontal lines type, the ones used for close up work etc. I purchased the FE with it in it not knowing what it was, My disabling disease makes it hard for me to see, a split image focus would help.. thank you.. Ron

Please contact me at my email, I am sick most of the time and do not use message boards much..

[email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration