Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Vitomatic IIa shutter disasembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Vitomatic IIa shutter disasembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carrimon

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone knows how to disasembre the shutter of an Voigtländer Vitomatic IIa for cleaning?

Thanks a lot in advance

Carrimon
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ray Youngblood

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 02, 2004 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not to deter you but I don't know of another camera that rivals the Vitomatic for difficulty in accessing the shutter clockwork. As I recall there are about 18 screws starting with the 3 setscrews on the focus adjustment ring before the cam plate is finally revealed. Further, there is an amazing number of bits and pieces involved.
The bottom line, however, is that if I've muddled through the operation twice (on a I and a II) it should be accessible to most anyone in this forum.
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration