Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta xd-7 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta xd-7 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

joerg schumacher

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello, i don't know if the xd7 can be discussed in this forum. a friend of mine gave me his old xd-7. the electronic works irregularly. if i switch it to 0 (mechanic shutter) it seems to work fine. somewhere i read that this could be a release capacitor problem. but where are the release capacitors (or 1 r.-capacitor??) in the bottom or the top? i replaced the 150uf caps in the bottom but this didn't change anything. if i press the release button 5 times it may work fine 4 times but the 5th time the shutter stays open for some second or more...
can anybody help me with this problem?
thanx joerg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Henry

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One of my favorite cameras! Definitely a classic to be talked about.

But that doesn't sound that much like failing release caps. I'd try cleaning the resistor tracks by cycling them a bunch before opening it up.

Try that first

Henry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration