Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Reassembly of meter wires konica S2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Reassembly of meter wires konica S2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andre

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I just managed to repair a stuck aperture blade problem on my S2.
Stupidly enough when disassembling the lens, I did not take note of how the lightmeter wires were connected to the little board.
The meter worked fine before hand and was trustworthy. But when soldering the black and blue wires in any combination on the board and installing the eye-ring just right, the meter gives really weird readouts at any shutterspeed.

Can someone give me help, showing me the correct way to connect these blue and black wire.

Thanks !

Ken

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello
I am working on cleaning a stuck apeture also on a Konica S2...Here is where the wires go...
The BLACK wires solders to the connection that is close to the cds cell...the BLUE wire solders to the connection that is fartherest away from the cds cell.
Ken

Andre

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 03:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Ken, so that would mean ; soldered on the red wires allready there, would it ?

Good luck with your repairing.
Did you saw this excellent article on the S2 :

http://feuerbacher.net/photo/frame.html?repair/KonicaAutoS2/KonicaAutoS2.html~Main

André

Ken

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Andre
I hope I have not gave you bad advice.
Just removed the front of 2nd Auto S2 and the wires are opposite...S#4499xx...On first one the blue wire was closest to the cds cell...On the second S2 the blue wire is attached to the connection farthest from the cds cell...???S#8245xx... now I am asking which is the correct way or does it really make any difference.?

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The CdS cell is basically a variable resistor and does not have any polarity. So it does not make any difference how you connect the wires going directly to the meter cell. That's probably why they did not care about that in the factory.

André

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's confusing around here, after soldering the wires in any combination, my lightmeter doesn't work anymore.
It worked very well beforehand and reacted very good on shuttertime settings.
The wires doesn't seem damaged and the front ring of the CDS cell is moving.
Great mysterie.....it seems that I have to use an additional lightmeter (ggrrrr) .
Or does someone has any suggestions ?

André

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration