Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica FP-1 stuck shutter and mirror. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica FP-1 stuck shutter and mirror. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, January 30, 2004 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Konica FP-1 that has stuck shutter, mirror stuck in up position and cannot move the film advance lever...where should I start.?? I have a small amount of experience in cleaning stuck shutter & apetures on Canon QL17 and Konica S2, but I have no experience into a SLR..would appreciate any advice as what to look for and what is recommended.
Ken

Ken

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, since I last posted about the Konica FP-1, I removed the bottom plate and after moving a small spring loaded stop lever, I was able to get the film advance lever to advance and cock the shutter. I put a new battery in the camera and after about 3 film advances the shutter will fire once, and then everything seems to lock up. If I open the film door and the film counter resets, it will take 3 film advances and the fire once. Can anyone give any advice on what may be the problem

Ken

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Getting ready to pulll the top off the FP-1 and see what the film advance is doing. I know that it is not supposed to let you start shooting until you get to #1 on the film counter, but why
does it only fire once and lock up at this point.?
I was hoping someone had some advice on what to look for.

Ken

Ken

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FP-1 Continued...Didn't pull the top, but instead went and pulled the bottom off. There I found the problem, and it is now corrected...the camera fires and the film advance works & all is well.
...Sometimes when you get no advice, you keep searching until you find the problem...and it was a learning experience for me.
Ken

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 08:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Ken,

I was hoping that somebody would answer your query, since I have the same problem on my FP-1. Would you be kind enough to share with us what you found and how you fixed it?

Thanks,

Jan

Ken

Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Jan
I thought I was the only one who had a FP-1 with problems...Here is what I found, first, Fp-1 has an electronically controlled shutter and they won't do anything without a battery and the camera turned on. Here are some of the steps I took in finding my camera problem. I took a small screwdriver and "lightly" touched the shutter linkage and also moved the mirror to make sure that they were not stuck solid. Next I removed bottom plate on camera and with tip of screwdriver, moved small spring loaded stop that keeps film winder from moving. By holding this stop away from film winder I was able to advance and cock the shutter. When I pushed the button it sounded like it was trying to fire but mirror or shutter did not move. This led me to believe that there was some linkage problem that was binding. I removed the plate that the battery housing is in on the botton of camera to check the linkage. Before you can get this plate removed, you have to take off the front of the camera that holds the lens. Peel back the camera covering on each side of the lens holder and remove 4 screws and take off the plastic shroud.
Thats as deep as I needed to go there as I could see the linkage... Once you get all this removed being careful not to break wires going to battery, I found some bent linkage, did a bit of gentle bending and straightening and now the camera would fire and the film advance would work. You have to have a battery in place to check the shutter as it will not fire without a good battery. That got my camera going and I hope that this will be of some help to you.

Ken

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Note...FP-1 owners with stuck shutter & mirror.
I would recommend that the first thing you try is to put a new battery in the camera and see if shutter will fire....If still locked up, them pull bottom off camera and hold spring loaded stop away from film winder and see if you can advance and cock the shutter...now see if it will fire.....Try a couple of times...This is certainly worth a try before digging deeper into the camera.

Ken

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Ken,

Many thanks for sharing the info. Now I have to hope that we had identical problems....

Jan

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Konica FP-1 saga continues. Well.... The camera has been sitting and waiting for so long, that I forgot what was actually wrong with it. It does fire and transport film, the diodes in the finder are active, but the shutter only fires at one speed - I would estimate about 1/125. Since this is a simple aperure prefered camera, the speeds should vary with the amount of light, but they don't. And yes, there is a fresh battery in the camera.

Now I am stumped. Any ideas, somebody?

Jan

Mike T

Posted on Sunday, June 13, 2004 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I worder if this repair is similar to a Konica Autoreflex TC; mine's locked up solid, wont advance, mirror can be flipped down, but no shutter action

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration