Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Wiring diagrams for Yashica Lynx14E Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Wiring diagrams for Yashica Lynx14E « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2004 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some months I posted a request for a Lynx14E CdS cell because I thought that I damaged it by improper soldering. In the meantime I received a battered 14E I am cannibalizing now.

I already swapped the CdS cell as well as the resistor track ring inside the lens barrel (the new one looks better than the one I had), but still the meter is several f-stops off at low light. I assume that there is some (minor) defect on the electronic assembly under the bottom plate.

Unfortunately, the recently acquired Lynx14E has a different electronics assembly than the old one, the old one has a three-transistor circuit board and the new one has a board with a small module in a square black case, there is also a variable resistor which did not exist on the old assembly. This would be no problem if wire colours would be identical, but they changed some of their colors, too.

I would not like to open both cameras just to follow the wiring prior to swapping the electronic assemblies, and I just wanted to give it a try and ask if someone has wiring diagram(s) for one or even both versions of the Lynx14E.

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 05:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In the meantime I decided to open BOTH cameras (the new battered one and the old one which once was working) to evaluate the wiring. I made some notes which some day will be available to the public.

However, after swapping the module the old camera was a real dead horse ... no lightmeter indicators showing up any more. But probably I could not take it for granted that the module I swapped was OK. The old one seems to have a fault, too.

But of course it is much too early to give up. The circuitry seems to be a very basic analog comparator circuit with two power outputs for the lamps. Similar circuits are available as a real IC. The light meter cell and the resistor track inside the lens barrel form a voltage divider connected to one of the comparator inputs. On the older module there is no adjustment for the reference voltage, on the newer one there is a variable resistor allowing to set the reference voltage between 0.6 and 0.75V approx.

Now there is the opportunity to show that my experience in circuit design can be used for something which makes sense (and not only money). I'll try to design a small pc board with a similar circuitry which will be no big problem and integrate it into that camera.

Pedro

Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
I have a linx 14 too and i can't get the mini-lamps to the fotometer anywere. Do you now were can i buy this material?

thak you and forgive my inglish

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found some in a model craft shop, they have miniature bulbs rated at 1.5 to 2.0V. They are usually used for front/rear lights of model trains.

Pedro

Posted on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tank's for anserThak’s for the answer, but I think the IC it isn’t working properly. The problem is that my electronic are not munch developed and y can’t discover the problem. Can you get me the IC scheme?
Thank you anyway!

Pedro
narrapisa@hotmail.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration