Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Black corner on developed pictures Ca... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Black corner on developed pictures Canon FT « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Gillis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a canon FT in good condition I bought from EBay and the first roll turned out fine but the last 2 had the lower left hand corner blackend. What could this be from.

Any ideas

Thanks

Patrick Gillis

Charles

Posted on Tuesday, February 03, 2004 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, the obvious thing to check for first would be an obstruction between lens and film, or maybe something loose in the lens - assuming that the fault doesn't lie with whoever developed your photos (that first roll DID turn out well, after all). I'd check for loose pieces of light seal material (something might have fallen loose when you were changing rolls) or film chips first.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't forget the image is upside down as it is projected onto the film. Something in the lower left hand corner will be the result of something that blocked the upper right hand corner of the projected image....it could be as simple as a loose fabric flap hanging from the hinge edge of the mirror when it flips up. Something like that? Kind of hard to unscramble the egg without seeing the camera, however. I believe I would replace the light seal for good measure in any camera of that age. Remember "Interslice" on E-Bay and $6 will cure light leak concerns. Good luck.

Jon

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my guess is with jon: check out the mirror hinge cover. something in the lens wouldn't show distinctly like that on your photos, it has to be close to the film at the upper right corner.

:)=

Charles Fallis

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 07:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open the back of your camera, set it on bulb and trip the shutter. Look for something dangling or stuck somewhere between the lens and the film.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration