Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon Fg with cracked battery compart... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon Fg with cracked battery compartment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I aquired a Nikon FG and the plastic in the bottom of the battery compartment is cracked. No idea how this could happen. Anyway, this does not allow for the battery to make contact.

Has anyone ever replaced a battery compartment. Any ideas how to access?

thanks

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard,

You should be able to access the battery compartment by removing the 4 screws on the bottom and the bottom plate. I think you can leave the screw-in battery door in place.

The plastic battery compartment is part B111 and should be held in with 2 screws. There is one wire soldered to the metal contact in the middle. I have tried to glue cracked plastic in battery compartments with some success using good glue like Epoxy or polyurethane and holding it tight in a vise while the glue cures. Else you may be able to find this part "Battery Chamber B111" from a used parts source and resolder carefully the wire. If the metal contact is stainless you will need a good wattage iron and good solder.

Ciao
Sean

Kris R.

Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Richard. I have this part if you need it.$10 shipped. Kris R.
'[email protected]'

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration