Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How do I open up my Minolta AL Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » How do I open up my Minolta AL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to remove the lenses and the shutter-speed and aperture rings of my Minolta AL in order to try to repair it. I started by trying to unscrew the outermost lens ring, the black ring that says Rokkor on it. I can't get that one out. The threads of the chrome collar it screws into are not bent or dented. Does the whole collar come out as a unit? Can anyone give me advice on what comes off first?

Another thing that's puzzling me is that the wind lever is not turning the gears under the bottom cover that cock the shutter. I can see that the wind lever axel is turning a brass-colored cylndrical nut (on the end of that axel), but not the gear immediately under that nut (looking down on the bottom of the camera) that should drive the rest of the shutter-cocking gears.

Any clues for how to proceed? Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration