Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina S1 & Case Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Retina S1 & Case « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

charles stobbs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased a Retina S1 and case, both in excellent condition. However after putting the camera in the case I am unable to release it. The mount is unusual, a barbed stud in the bottom of the case clicks into a receptacle in the camera bottom where you would expect to see a tripod socket. There is a rectangular button on the front of the camera, just below the lens barrel. The case is notched out just enough to allow the button to protrude but too tight to slide it left, right, or down. The button doesnt want to press in and I don't want to use too much force. The instruction manual for the Retina S1 (and S2) doesn't show or discuss this button. I could always cut the case off but hope someone here can give me some info. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

charlie Stobbs

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Me again. I was advised by Chris Sherlock (great website) and Todd Gustavson (George Eastman House) that what I thought was a release button was in fact a levelling foot and that the camera should be removed from the case by a sharp tug. This worked and at Chris's suggestion I lubricated the case stud before reinserting the camera. In the future I will file the OD of the stud to ease the problem.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration