Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Canonet QL25 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon Canonet QL25 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Darren

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I accidentally pressed the shutter button, with the shutter set at bulb and aperture set to auto. Now the shutter ring will not move off B.Is there any easy way to solve this. Any help much appreciated.

Regards
Darren

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Probably the shutter did not run completely through its sequence. In these cases, NEVER force the speed ring off the B position - the B setting control pin often is caught in a notch on the speed cam disk during the opening sequence of the shutter and returns only if the shutter has closed correctly. Trying to turn the speed dial sometimes may break this pin.

You can try to open the rear door. As long as the frame counter is NOT in the frame #1 position, you can cock the shutter again and then it should be possible to move the dial off the B position. But I think the basic problem is a partially gummed shutter.

beatrice

Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an old canon QL25 that was passed down to me about 20 years ago. I used it once and the photos came out looking like gold negatives. Te click button is also sticky. Can you tell me where there is a Canon shop in New Zealand that will be able to fix it. Or, are you able to help me please.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration