Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

FED-2 shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » FED-2 shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Nebenzahl

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The FED-2 I just put together has an annoying problem with the shutter I can't seem to fix; about 1 time out of 10 when you fire the shutter, the delaying pawl (I don't know the real name of this part) doesn't catch the rotating tab of the 2nd curtain, and the shutter fires incorrectly. (This is most obvious at 1/30, when the shutter sounds as if it's firing at a high speed.) The shutter works reliably on "B", by the way.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the alignment of the tab and the delay pawl. I've tried bending the pawl (up/down) just a little, but it seems to have had no effect. I don't want to bend it too much.

Anyone know the cause of this problem, and how to fix it? Of all the SovCams (Leica-copy) I've put together, this is the first which has had this trouble.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration