Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica Super TL Meter Adjustment (... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Praktica Super TL Meter Adjustment (Set Up) « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2004 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are three mini-pots beneath the film rewind knob - and they are accessable from the outside through a hole beneath the film-rewind knob. No stripdown is necessary.

One pot is for high light value.
One is for Low light value.
And the other is a "Balance".

Does anyone out there have the documented set up adjustement procedure? Please.

Stuart Willis
[email protected]

Miljenko Pintar

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 03:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!

Do you know which pot is for which function? Procedure is not so problematic, more problematic is to know which pot is for what.

Miljenko Pintar

Stuart Willis

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 04:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the question.
I know that one pot is to be adjusted for high level light and another for low level light.
The remaining pot is said to be "balance".
However I have no idea which is which.
I need to define the pots and to know the correct sequence of adjustment and to what parameters.

Best

Stuart Willis

Michael Linn

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moving from front of camera to the back: mid-range, high light, low light.

Adjustment procedure:

If necessary to zero the meter, the top will have come off to access the adjustment screw in the center of the meter. Replace the top and set ASA to 125 and lens to f/8. Press the meter/stop down button on the front of the camera to test. At EV 15, 1/500 adjust to center with high light pot. At EV 13, 1/125 adjust to center with mid-range pot. At EV 9, 1/8 adjust to center with low light pot.

Michael Linn

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just an additional note on zeroing the meter. With the meter off, the needle should be 2mm below the bottom of the circle.

Miljenko

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks to all of you!

Best regards and good photos!

Miljenko Pintar

Miljenko Pintar

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 07:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh!

One more thing regarding procedure. You should do the calibration couple of times. When you set one pot, the setting for the other changes a bit,so you should do this in more steps.

Miljenko Pintar

Stuart Willis

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 04:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thankyou Michael Linn and Miljenko PIntar.
I have been indisposed - so I apologise that my acknowledgement and thanks is a little late.

I shall assume that the meter doesn't need zeroing and make the adjustments through the top-plate access hole. If the end result produces anything resembling linear metering then I shall know that the cell is OK.

In order that my questions - and the answers procured - might be of value to others I will get back to this forum with my findings and results.

Thankyou kindly - both gentlemen.

Best

Stuart Willis
[email protected]

razvan

Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does anyone know if the meter setup procedure works wint the "praktica super tl3" ? in mine the meter is way off, and I hope it can be adjusted. any ideas if the light detector can be changed, and with what kind of detector ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration