Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35 RC shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Olympus 35 RC shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yat Tang

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My 35 RC will lock the shutter when in auto mode. The needle for the aperture just shoot acrose to the red zone on the left. This is with or with out the battery. I checked the battery terminal resisance to the body and it was open circuit. I think this is the problem. After I have unscrewed the contact in the battery compartment, I can not screw it back. There must be a small nut on the other side. How can I get to it as I don't really want to remove the lens. Please help.

rick oleson

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2004 - 06:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm not sure if you have that choice. I don't have a 35RC to look at right now; if the screws holding the battery box in are accessible under the baseplate, you may be able to remove those and pull the battery box out to reach the back side of it. If they're not, you'll have to pull the front off to get there.

Most of my 35RC notes are here:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-134.html

Winfried

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the 35RC the battery box is just glued in place and can be lifted by poking around its wall with a small screwdriver. DO NOT loosen the small screw in the center, it just holds the solder terminal under the bottom - that's what Yat Tang encountered. The battery box fits snugly into its seat so there is no need to reglue it.

Another common problem is the light meter switch. There are two leaf contacts (or one leaf contact and a contact pin on some models) under the cover panel below the viewfinder. The contacts are located close to the lens barrel. Cleaning them with contact cleaner usually helps. DO NOT scratch them with a metal blade, I usually remove dirt with a wooden toothpick soaked with contact cleaner.

Yat Tang

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 01:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the hints. I think I can remove the battery box box without problem. I see the contacts Windried referred to. I will try to cleam them. I will post a update with my findings.

Thanks
Yat
UK

Yat Tang

Posted on Friday, February 13, 2004 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Latest update. I managed to lift the battery compartment and soldered the white wire back to the contact. After putting everything back together, the camera is now working. Just need to replace the light seal.

Thanks for your help.
Yat

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration