Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM-2 flocking around matte screen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » OM-2 flocking around matte screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom Wawer

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!

I have recently cleaned my OM-2 as the foam was a little gooey. The cameraman changed it to the new, black material, he cleaned the foam around prism inside. However, he removed small two foam parts at the end of matte screen, cleaned all and has not put any foam there. When I asked he told me that the mirror damping is pneumatic and the foam there is not needed.

Please tell me if he's right or should I put the foam there? If so, maybe you have some pictures of exact shape of the foam?

Best regards, Tom
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

personally, i agree with him. i've removed the foam from mirrors that were much less well damped than the OMs without problems, and the foam they put on the OMs is so tiny that i can't imagine it doing anything at all.

if you do want to replace it, it looks like it consists of 2 peices, about 3mm square each, located at the extreme corners.

rick =:)=

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration