Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Omega D5500 Enlarger repair / parts Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Omega D5500 Enlarger repair / parts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David Richert

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2004 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know this is a little off the the camera repair subject. I'm looking for help in repairing a couple of Omega D5500 enlargers. I teach and manage a darkroom on Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii (all for free). A couple of my enlargers are having problems with the height adjustments there is a rubber roller in the column that has broken in to little pieces and jammed the works.
1. How to take it apart with out the tension spring fly around.
2. Parts?

Luis

Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2004 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I am having the exact same problem as David with the Omega D5500 rubber rollers inside the column. And yes, if you take it apart like I did, a few things will fly around, but nothing that can not be manually put together again.
Anywhere I can get new Rollers?

Jeff Kwan

Posted on Friday, February 04, 2005 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
Have you guys found the parts to repair your Omega D5500 or just gave it up and switch to digital? But I like to make print from film rather than digitally.
I'm having the same problem with the D5500. I ask Omega and they still have rubber roller parts available. The contact is [email protected]. They have instruction to guide you for repairing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration