Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica III rangefinder, Winder sticking Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica III rangefinder, Winder sticking « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kevin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2004 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I couldn't find anything on this camera in the archives.

It is a Konica III, with the front double stroke winder. Camera was dusty when I bought it. probably grime in the mechanism. So the rewind lever will not return all the way when it is operated. It pushes down and then returns to halfway up. I have to manually push it up. twice!!

Anyone work on this camera before? It seems pretty simple to take apart. Its the putting back together I am concerned about.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sean OKeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kevin,

I had a sticky wind on a IIIA. I lubricated with graphite/solvent lube without much disassembly and had it winding smoothly afterwards.

If I remember correctly, there are some baffles to remove on the sprocket side inside the camera to access the main parts of the film transport. I lubricated the moving parts there. The outside winding I did not disassemble but added a few drops of lubricant carefully where I could get access to the parts that moved with winding action.

I wish I could be more specific but I was able to get a rough sticky winding action into a very smooth one with minimal work.

Nice camera, good luck.
Sean

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration