Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM1 has taken a knock Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » OM1 has taken a knock « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jon Somers

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, February 23, 2004 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whilst in storage my favourite Om1 has had a knock by a shelf falling on it.
Externally there appears no dammage at all, internally by which I mean with back open and lens removed I can see no dammage.
The problem is that every time I cock the rewind lever the shutter fires automatically and straight away, also the mirror does not rise out of the way though I can opperate it manually.
All the shutter speeds seem fine and it does not appear that the firing button is jammed down.
If I opperate the self timing lever it works and at the point where the shutter should open the firing button does move as if to open shutter though it does not work.
Hope this all makes sence if so any ideas or is this sounding terminal.
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration