Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Rewind Crank Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon Rewind Crank « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mary

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently found an old Canon camera that belonged to my uncle, i am not sure what type it is, but i noticed that the film rewind crank is broken therefore i cannot open the back. I was hoping someone could tell me whether this is repairable or not.
Thanks for your help.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mary,

Before your query can be answered, we need to know the model of the camera (should be written on it) and also how 'broken' the rewind crank is. Is it broken off the rewind spindle, is it bent, is it missing entirely etc.

Good luck,

Jan

Mary

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Jan. It is a 1983 Canon T50 35 mm SLR camera. It appears to be broken off the rewind spindle. I can see where it used to be screwed in before, but the part that lifts up to rewind is not there. I'm not sure if that makes sense?

Thanks

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mary,

If I understand correctly, your rewind knob with the crank has broken off the actual rewind spindle (that is the part that feeds through the top camera plate and fits into the film casette to rewind film).
That probably means that the threaded part of the rewind spindle is broken off and the rewind knob cannot be attached anymore. If that is the case, you will need a new rewind spindle; I do not know where you are located, but try this site:

http://www.kellycamera.com/products/manufactured_parts/

Good luck,

Jan

Mary

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration