Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lubitel lens realignment - help needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lubitel lens realignment - help needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 04:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I just took apart a Lubitel 166 to fix a loose mirror and clean the mirror box. For some reason, I decided to also take off the front and top lens groups (front).

Does anyone know how I can return the top and bottom geared lenses to get correct focus?

Appreciate any help.

Cheers
Tan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Winfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, February 25, 2004 - 07:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First, you'll have to set the focus of the viewing lens. There are some set screws around the focussing ring, loosen them and turn the lens such that a far away object appears sharp on the ground glass spot.

To adjust the taking lens, there are some methods described in the repair article section. If you have a sharp image either on the ground glass on the film screen or in the split image indicator of a control SLR, attach the focussing ring such that the gears those of the taking lens (set to oo, of course) and that it runs against the oo stop.

The Lubitel lens is not too bad, provided it is correctly centered in the factory which obviously is not the case on my Lubitel2 sample. Only two thirds of the image are sharp wide open.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration