Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikonta 532/16 Repair and Adjust... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Zeiss Ikonta 532/16 Repair and Adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karl Moll

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 01:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've noticed on my 532/16 that the front prism threads into and out of its gear so easily that it can change its setting during just normal usage. Shouldn't something be applied to the threads to keep it from rotating in the gear? Should I tack it down to the gear with Loktite to prevent it from changing position?

Peter Wallage

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have a look at this website

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/btvarner/Bruce/zeiss_ikonta_b_2.htm

It may help.

Peter

Karl Moll

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, not really. The site you mention deals with the large gear surrounding the Tessar lens. I'm speaking of the little dime sized gears that the two rangefinder prisms ride in. Each of these prisms is mounted in its own threaded ring similar to a filter ring. Those rings then thread into these little rangefinder gears. The rear prism is a tight fit in its gear. The front prism however is very loose and will actually thread in or out by simply shaking the camera.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration