Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canonet GIII QL17 stuck self-timer Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canonet GIII QL17 stuck self-timer « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

mojave_tom

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2004 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have two GIII QL17s with stuck self-timers. The lever is stuck in the full up position. The shutter won't fire. The wind lever won't budge unless I open the back. Any advice on this? I hate to rip apart the lens/shutter barrel.

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to give you a more optimistic answer, but this is probably everything but an easy repair.

The self timer is difficult to access on the QL17, since the shutter is mounted 'upside down' - to get to the shutter cover and the self timer gears you will have to disassemble the lens barrel completely.

mojave_tom

Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2004 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Winfried, nice to hear from you again. When I start taking the lens barrel apart are the little detent balls going to fall out? Is there a preferred method of disassembly, like with the front facing down, or somnething like that? With the lens elements in front of the shutter out, I see three screws. Is this where you start disassembly? Tom

Ed

Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you may have shutters that are gummed up--common on this camera, especially if they've been sitting around a while and not used.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration