Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film Advance Lever Jammed in Canon AE-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Film Advance Lever Jammed in Canon AE-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rahul

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Guys..
I am facing a problem of Film Advance Lever in Canon AE-1.
Its has got stuct and I am not able to advance it anymore.
I opened the back panel with the film inside the camera.I was somehow able to get the film out of camera,but now my Film advance lever has got stuck.I am not able to load the film in the camera.Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Ed

Posted on Monday, March 01, 2004 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have both curtains cleared the film aperture? If not, try grasping (with lens off--slip finger under the mirror if it's not up) and thumb in back and gently pull curtain to rewind side of camera. This may release it. The other common possibility if the the black bezel around the shutter speed dial has gotten bumped and one of the posts that are heat-sealed to hold bezel to the top cover (visible on under side of top), has sheared off the ended up in the shutter/wind gears. This of course, requires removal of the top cover.

Reiner

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I hope that it is not yet too late but I would recommend you _NOT_ to pull the shutter curtain. It might easily be deformed or teared.

A sticky advance lever on the AE1 is propably the subsequence of a nonworking shutter. Did you check the battery? The AE1 does not fire without sufficient voltage supply. If this is ok one of the shutter solenoids might stick. You may find them under the bottom cover. Touch them carefully with a tooth pick. Good luck!

Ed

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 06:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you missed the key word-- gently--having repaired cameras for over 50 years and AE1 since they came out, I've done this on many ocassions with no trouble--sometimes all it needs is a little pull to casue to finish the cycle--common sense would you not to tug on it with force.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration