Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help - Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 AIS disass... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Help - Micro Nikkor 55/2.8 AIS disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 02, 2004 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have a 55/2.8 ais micro nikkor that needs taking apart. the focus ring is split under the rubber grip ring, and in other nikkors i'd expect the front half of it to unscrew and come off for access to the front end.... but i can't get this one to budge. am i barking up the wrong tree, or did nikon loctite this ring like they loved doing to the mount screws?

rick =:)=

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will the deeply recessed front piece come off with friction...or are you past there? I cleaned a 55/3.5 and if I remember right the entire V shaped front piece unscrewed with friction and allowed access to the lens elements.
Sean

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take the rear flange and there are screws that allow lthe whole front lens,diaphragm assembly to drop out. Sticky diaphragms are common on this lens.

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks ed! so far i haven't been able to get ANYTHING to budge on this lens, including the mount screws (but i know i can heat those to loosen them up). on my 55/3.5, there are screws under the focus grip that let me get to the focusing helical, but on this 55/2.8 there are no screws, no set screws and i haven't been able to move anything else. i'll go in through the back and see how it goes.

thanks again to you both!

rick :)=

Ed

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The screws on the rear flange are usually tight and sealed. You must have a good screwdriver--no rounded edges--if you spoil the screw then you should use a Dremel (or similar) with a dental burr and cut a groove for slotted screwdriver. It is important to keep sufficient downward preessure so the driver doesn't slip. If you have a solder gun, you can heat the screw first with that. Using the any or all of the above I've had one I couldn't get out.

rick

Posted on Thursday, March 04, 2004 - 07:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got it! thanks!!!!!

:)=

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration