Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta SRT 102 - Need help finding a... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta SRT 102 - Need help finding a battery « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kelli

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need help finding a battery that will work in my Minolta SRT 102. I can't find one locally and haven't had much luck in figuring out what type I need. I know they don't make the original batterly anymore (EPX13).

Any help on what type would be cmpatable and where I might find one (like some place to order one online) would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Kelli

charlie

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the original battery contained mercury, a usesble replacement is a #675 hearing aid battery. They don't last as long but at about $1 each they are inexpensive compared to the cost of film and processing. They are quite small and may need spacers and shims of some kind to fit the battery compartment but once done you need only replace the battery as needed.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Kelli,

Another sollution is to use an adapter, which will allow you to use a 76 type photo battery (available as silver-oxide and lithium), which is more suitable for photo applications. The adapter converts the battery's 1.5 voltage to the 1.35 Volt that your SRT 102 needs. The adapter is a little costly, but once bought, can be used in any camera requiring the PX625 / PX13 battery.
The 76 type battery is readily available just about anywhere, lasts much longer than the hearing aid battery and the adapter/battery combination does not need any spacers.

Here is the link to the site which sells the adapter (and I am in no way associated with the seller - just providing information...)

http://www.criscam.com/mba.htm

Good luck,

Jan

miles

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Kelli,

Another sollution is to make your own adapter like the CRIS one Jan cites, only better. This adapter is a less costly. See,

http://www.rolleiclub.nl/batterijadapterUS.php

If you are all thumbs, I do have a few PX625 / PX13 batteries for sale but it won't be cheap.

miles

Kelli

Posted on Wednesday, March 03, 2004 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the responses, everyone. :) I really appreciate it. I think I will end up either buying or making an adapter, eventually. I need the camera right away, though, so I may have to go out and find the hearing adi battery for the weekend. Now that I know what to look for, it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Thanks again!

John

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two points about using a #675 battery in an SRT: first, you'll have to remove a paper label that's inside the battery compartment cover so the battery can make contact with the metal; apparently the SRTs used the flange on the original battery for the 'positive' contact.

Second, the easy way to make a spacer for the #675 battery is to go to the hardware store and buy a 7/16 x 1/16 o-ring (costs about $.60). Slip this around the circumference of the battery and it will fit perfectly.

Jerry Crowe

Posted on Monday, April 12, 2004 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take a look at http://www.px625.com/px625/main.cgi
They may have what you need.

Larry LaGrone

Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Kelli and all....

Interstate batteries has them as item #PHO0215 at 7.99 each.
www.interstatebatteries.com
Larry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration