Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina II (type 014) - How to remove ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Retina II (type 014) - How to remove chrome cover top? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Michael Tan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi everyone,
I just could not remove the top chrome cover of my Retina II(type 014)with Xenon lens and round film advance knob, in order to adjust the rangefinder alignment. I have sucessfully removed the cover of a Retina 1c (thanks to Chris Sherlock), but this Retina II model is different. After removing the 2 side screws, the rewind knob and the film advance knob, it still has a film counter dial and a rewind toothed lever in the way preventing the top cover from being removed. Any suggestion will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Chris Sherlock

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

G'day Michael,

The trick here is probably the same as similar Retina models. You've already unscrewed the little cap on the shutter release, right? First cock the shutter, advance the film sprocket while you turn the film advance knob until the advance knob locks. This will allow you to depress the shutter release all the way. While holding the shutter release depressed, tilt the top cover back over the release and pull it back off the R-A lever and wheel at the back of the top plate. Easy!

Regards, Chris

Michael Tan

Posted on Sunday, March 07, 2004 - 07:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A thousand thanks, Chris, I will do that first thing after I get back from work tomorrow.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration