Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to replace battery in Rollei A26? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » How to replace battery in Rollei A26? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philip

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm stumped.

I found a nice clean Rollei A26 camera (this is the 126 camera with the push-pull film advance and the lens that pops out) and I *believe* there's a battery in there somewhere for the light meter, but dash it all if I can find it.

I found a hint that the side cover plate -- the one the flash screws into, away from the push-pull part -- comes off, but I can't see how... the push/pull cover comes off to replace the film, but again I can't find any battery cover or any removeable plates...

Any hints? Thanks...

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Philip,

A26 uses mercury 625 button cell, the battery chamber can be reached by taking off the wrist strap screw and flash screw, then remove the side plate.

See the thread on the Canon FT just below yours, to find out about battery availability. You will have a bigger problem finding film as it is no longer made. I believe Ferrania in Italy stil made the film, but a Google search might find other suppliers.

Good luck, Jan

Paul Shinkawa

Posted on Friday, March 05, 2004 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

126 color negative film is available from the:

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/index.htm

I think it is ISO 200 Ferrania

-Paul

Charles Fallis

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2004 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I remember right, there's a company called Solaris that makes 126 film too. It is sold through J and C Photography http://jandcphotography.com/ According to their website, Solaris is the only 126 film that is still being made.

philip

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Excellent -- thank you. Unscrewing the ring around the flash terminal on the end did allow me to remove the cover and reveal the battery. Nifty.

I've been having pretty good luck using 675 hearing aid batteries as replacements for the 625 mercury cells -- shortlived but cheap and easy to fine.

Film, yes, I know it's hard to find 126 film. Ca Va. I'll get a few rolls and have fun.

R Clyde

Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 08:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks. I too had picked up an A26 with flash and case . Couldn't find where the camera battery was. Discovered one thin US dime opens the threaded nut that reveals the necessary compartment.

My next task will be to disassemble the flash unit and draw a schematic.

Also, I retained the cruddy gots of the old battery. Hmmm-- there is room for a smaller battery and a solid state vr, once the case of the old battery is gutted and clean .

Clearly, I will log your site often. TNX

dave gray

Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2005 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

iuse a26 with solaris films and a home made batt adapter . see submin site. dave

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration