Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentacon six shutter problems Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentacon six shutter problems « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Schlimme

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 03:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello there,
I have a problem with a Pentacon Six TL: The shutter doesn't work properly. With the speeds 1/125 and 1/250 it opens but doesn't close. Can I fix this myself?
Thanks a lot
Patrick

rick oleson

Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 02:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi patrick:

the pentacon six shutter is a bit complicated to service and adjust. i've accumulated some notes on it over the years, but i don't post them on my website because i don't want to mislead people into thinking it's a casual job. i will be happy to share what i've got with you though, if you email me.

rick :)=

Jeffhub

Posted on Friday, July 02, 2004 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Rick,

I just read your March 10 message about the P6 shutter adjustments. My P6 has a broken shutter cloth (one thin black strap which is linked to a spring loaded cylinder just went). I easily removed the entire mecanism from the camera shell today in order to replace the curtain. So far so good, but, I do not want to break anything so I stopped there and look for more info. No point if you close back the camera and the shutter wont' go !!!

Please any input would be priceless to me (otherwise the camera would go in the bin..what a disaster !).
The P6 is a nice camera but for me, when it was operating at first all the pictures were blured...I believe there is something wrong also with the pressure plate... But still I like it and would very much like to restore it to its full glory. I own 2 80 mm and one wide angle lens
for the P6.

Thanks in advance,

Jean-François,

Paris France

ps : Don't worry I do have some previous experiment in repairing cameras (but I am no expert).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration