Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Maxxum 7000 finder display Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Maxxum 7000 finder display « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jim Brokaw

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 08, 2004 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just got a working Maxxum 7000, but there are a couple of problems.

From what I could find online, there is an LCD panel in the viewfinder that is supposed to show the shutter speed and aperture, along with exposure meter mode (e.g. "P", "A", "S","
M"). The "P" and "S" appear, but no "A" or "M", and no shutter speed or aperture segments at any time... does anyone have experience with this?

The Maxxum appears to be a quite advanced camera for one about 20 years old. Does anyone have or know of a source for the repair manual for low or no cost... I hate paying $30 for the manual for a $20 camera .

Also, the camera is missing the rewind switch assembly, which is at the upper right back corner (behind the top LCD display). Does anyone have a parts body or top cover?

Michelle Eidem

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta Maxxum 7000 camera. I stopped using it when the digital cameras came out but still love it for action sport shots. I recently took three rolls of film that came back with no pics on. Every thing seems to be running fine. Any suggestions?
Michell in S.D.

Jim Brokaw

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at the negatives. Did the film get developed such that you can see the frame numbers and little edge lettering? If so, then the likely cause is that the shutter isn't opening for some reason. Why could be a lot of things. First thing to try with these cameras is a fresh set of batterys... a lot of times, it may make noise but not have enough power to actually work the shutter. It could be that the film didn't actually wind through the camera, even though it sounded like it wound fine. That could be if the leader didn't catch or get inserted in the spool properly. The Maxxum is all electric, you can't check the rewind knob to see if its turning because there isn't one. So much for modern improvements...

If the negatives are all dark, then the film has been massively overexposed to light, which could have come from a loading error, opening the camera back when the film is not rewound (but you would remember that one, trust me!) or in some cases if the developing lab makes a mistake in their handling of it.

Otherwise, I can't tell you where to start, I'm still hoping to find the service manual somewhere online, for working on mine.

Luke

Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I own a minolta 7000 AF, about a year ago i lent it to a friend. When he returned it there was no film in it. So when I went to load it with film I could herar it auto loading however, the film never catches and it won't load the film. I finaly got my friend to tell me that he dropped it but he cant afford to fix it. I love this camera and I want to fix it. any sugjestions on what may be wrong with it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration