Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

ILOCA Rapid B. Top-plate Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » ILOCA Rapid B. Top-plate « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the German rangdefinder model with the film advance lever at top left. Removal of latter is straight-forward. But the RH side of the top-plate is being held obscurely.
There are three possible options and if I get either one wrong - something will break.
It is clear that the frame-counter on the RH hub stays with the chassis and that the milled bezel around it stays with the top-plate.

Has anybody been this route with an Iloca Rapid B ?

Thanks all

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove the spring clip around the film counter and lift the counter plate off. There is a screw underneath.

I have a repair article on this camera on my website:
http://daniel.mitchell.name/cameras/rapidb/rapidb.html

Harv Jenkins

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you're in need of a donor camera check my
recent posting in the swaps.

Stuart Willis

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Daniel ...

I express my respect and admiration for what is one of the best camera-service webpages I have ever seen. Others who may not be particularly interested in the Iloca - might do well to see a very carefully engineered knowledge-transfer classic.

Many thanks

Stuart Willis
ethos@uq.net.au

Peter

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dan,

I wanted to add another thanks for your fantastic site! One of the best step-by-step repair pages I've used... Got the (seemingly impossible) job done in a matter of minutes following your instructions!

Thanks again!

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration