Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Adjusting exposure meter on Rollei 35T Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Adjusting exposure meter on Rollei 35T « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colin Beechey

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 05:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My meter works (new battery) but gives consistently low light readings. I realise I can compensate for this by adjusting film speed but is there a way of adjusting the meter?

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colin,

What do you mean by 'low light readings' - is the camera suggesting overexposure or underexposure?
The Rollei 35T uses a Mercury 1.35 Volt battery, is that what you have in the camera? Are you using a 1.5 Alkaline battery by any chance?

Jan

colin Beechey

Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jan
Sorry the meter suggests overexposure (compared to the meter on my well tested 35TE). The battery is a new 1.35 one. Any suggestions?

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2004 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colin,

If I recall, a Rollei 35T is basically the same camera, as the original Rollei 35. The 'T' designation denotes the use of Tessar lens, as oppose to the 'S' versions, which had a Sonnar optic.

As to your problem - did you check the wiring for corrosion and the battery compartment for cleanliness - no remnants of old leaked battery acid? Is the suggested overexposure linear - in other words - same number of EV steps away from the correct reading, at all light levels?

Which 1.35 Volt battery are you using?

Jan

Colin Beechey

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes the camera is pristine including the terminals etc. Yes the overexposure is linearby a couple of stops and the battery is a new air cell (I know these give lower voltage over time). I just thought there might be an adjustment mechanism hidden away in the camera, apart from adjusting the film speed to an incorrect setting
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration