Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR1 - repair manual & disasse... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Yashica FR1 - repair manual & disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jay

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 11, 2004 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I've got a working Yashica FR1 but the problem is, the spring that pulls the mechanical aperture size detector seems to have come off. There is a bit of 'string' that seems to have gotten loose as well.
I know the camera is working because when I move this mechanical detector thing, the speed needle gives the correct shutter speed.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the spring back in place? Would be helpful if someone had a repair manual.
Many thanks.

Jay

DaveM

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you find a manual .I need to share info.Just this afternoon my FR1 jammed ,mirror up,shutter cocked after taking about 10 pictures with my winder on.When I went to load next roll the winder didn't advance the film all the way and when I wound it by lever and fired it this happened.I've had base off and tried to release shutter like on manual cameras but this is electric and nothing I've done seems to work.I have repaired some meters and lens problems but I'm more into mechanics than the electronic cameras.If you can help me also I would appreciate it.If I come across a manual in next few days I'll post it here.Thanks

WanderingTaoist

Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi DaveM,
something similar happened to me a few months ago: when loading my FR-I a film leader stopped the shutter curtain from fully returning to its place. Although the curtain seemed closed, the manual winder stayed cocked and I couldnt release it. After a few minutes of tinkering with my camera (concert was about to start and I WANTED to take photos!) I solved it: you have to carefully draw the curtain to the right (with the camera opened) and then release it, there is a spring which will give the curtain enough momentum to close properly. The metal end of the curtain I guess functions as a switch and will allow you to cock the shutter again. After the incident, the camera works normally. Hope it helps.

Aaron

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Jay
I've just opened an FR-I. Your problem can be solved by removing the front cover of the camera. The details can be found in another thread "Yashica FR-I". The cord in the pulley system might have detached from the pulleys.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration