Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Lens cover stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Lens cover stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

patty lin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 12, 2004 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi
I have a regular 35mm SLR Minolta camera, and the lens cover is stuck on the UV Protector. I accidently dropped it while it's still in the protective bag and i don't think anything is broken except it pushed a tiny part of the lens cover into the protector and now it's stuck. Any tricks or ideas?

thanks!

Stuart Willis

Posted on Saturday, March 13, 2004 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds as though you are saying that the UV filter and the lens cover are locked up tight but that you can remove the filter and cover from the camera lens.

I have had such an experience on several occasions. You do not say whether the lens cover is metal or plastic, If metal - you might trickle a little acetone into the seized thread area and leave it overnight - and then try some muscle-power to unscrew/separate. If plastic - you'll have to make an executive decision as to whether you wish to rescue the filter or the lens cover .... and conduct the rescue by destroying the lower priority part.

Best

Stuart Willis
ethos@uq.net.au

patty lin

Posted on Sunday, March 14, 2004 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for advice. It is plastic so I guess my decision was to break the lens cover. But then I'm only a beginnner so I decided to send it to a camera repair instead before I break the lens too. Thanks again for the tip I'll definitly keep that in mind the next time something like this happens.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration