Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Spotmatic meter voltage Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Spotmatic meter voltage « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chris

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently (re-)got a Spotmatic (I) and...
With an alkaline cell it overexposes 2/3-1 stop.

I though the Spotmatics had a bridge circuit and were relatively immune to voltage differences.

Anyway, after trying to remove top cover (bolt holding in frame counter won't budge), I'm wondering if there is a shortcut towards re-adjusting the meter.

Thanks!

Chris

John Farrell

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Most spotmatics have a hole in the top plate for meter adjustment. To get to it, you need to remove the rewind knob, and the film reminder plate under it. This will uncover the hole, through which you will see the variable resistor.

Frank

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a spotmatic with a meter that malfunctioned.
It was a bad contact on the variable resistor. Now it seems to function again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration