Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OMG (OM-20) shutter constant speed... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » OMG (OM-20) shutter constant speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

SeanOKeefe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, March 15, 2004 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have an OMG that runs at one speed only (sounds like 1/60-1/125) in auto or manual.

The operation otherwise appears normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sean

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some more information. It fires at fast speed also on B, auto manual doesn't matter. The manual that I have points at the shutter magnet RY102 being open or black wire shorted or the solder connection at pin 16 on IC101. The shutter magnet is not holding the second curtain .. right?. Is there a spring that may have come loose as another possibility?

My problem is getting under the mirror box as the instructions suggest using B setting to get access via the back to the screw holding in the black plastic baffle down there, course the shutter doesn't fire at B and I don't think prying them apart sounds smart. I guess I need a 90 degree bent screwdriver to get at that screw from the front.

Sean

Sean OKeefe

Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So here is where I'm at. I got the bottom plastic part out with difficulty as there is no B setting, nonetheless I bent a screwdriver to fit. I can get proper operation of the speed settings by pushing the arm up against the magnet then firing. Each time this is needed because it seems that a spring should be in operation but is not that applies pressure to this arm. Does this make sense? Is there a spring that could have been dislodged and caused the electromagnet to not change speeds? If so, is this something I can get to where I am or do I need to pull the box out and/or dismantle the "arm" from the pivot and try to get the spring back properly.
Sean

Col

Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You probably have an electrical fault.

The Olympus OM series is designed to fire the shitter at 1/60 if there is no battery power even if the camera is actually turned off.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration