Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XD11 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta XD11 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have any idea of repairing an XD11 which meters fine and fires at O and B shutter settings only? Someone suggested that cleaning the shutter and mode switches will help. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Michael

Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2004 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh my god, this can get a lot more complicated than you can imagine. That is a common problem and the first thing you'll need is a full manual, with troubleshooting chart, to even start. Resisitors, transitors and so on, any of which could be the culprit. The manual helps you sort it all out and it still isn't very explanatory. I luckily ran across a series on the XD-11 in The Camera Craftsman from 1980. Now this is the one to have because it goes into great detail with photos and is relatively easy to understand. Should one have to replace parts then you will have a tough road to hoe.

Aaron

Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2004 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Michael for the response. Can you tell me, according to your trouble shooting information available, what are the likely causes of the fault if the LEDs don't go out when pressing the release button? Thanks!

Aaron

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've fixed this camera. It's a sticky release magnet which caused the trouble. To reach the magnet, first remove the bottom cover (2 screws). Then remove the tripod socket (3 screws). Through this hole the magnet and the armour can be separated by moving the spring loaded metal arm towards the back of the camera. Wet a small piece of card paper with alcohol and clean the gap.

Vic

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Where can I find a copy of the manual for my newly purchased XD11?

Aaron

Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 02:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vic, operation instructions for your camera and many others can be obtained from this very informative site [http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/photography.htm]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration