Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

K1000shutter curtain problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » K1000shutter curtain problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Richard Clarke

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi- I have a Pentax K1000, and it seems there is only 1 shutter curtain working. When looking at the back of the camera, it comes from the left to the right. There is a second curtain, right? Any idea what might be wrong, and how to fix?

thanks

Ed

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

when the one curtain comes across when you wind, is the shutter then open such that you see thru the lens? If so, it would indicate that the second curtain is not tripping--not closing to complete shutter action and there would be many possibilities that could cause this.

Richard Clarke

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ed- thanks- you described the problem perfectly. Now, any idea where to start looking for the problem?

thanks

Ed

Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2004 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

could be loss of curtain tension, curtain off track and ribbon jammed, a gear problem (under top cover). I guess I would start by removing the top cover and see If I could release the second curtain. If not luck there, remove the front (this gets involved if you have no experience)and check the curtain from there. If you have no experience, I guess you need a manual as to describe procedure would be beyond the scope of this forum. I'm sure there are manuals available here of elsewhere--good luck.

Casey Veenendaal

Posted on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Richard:
If you give me your address, I wil send you a copy of a K-1000 service manual on CD.
It even is in color, about 138 pages.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration