Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica T3N....Battery Connections Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Konica T3N....Battery Connections « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have acquired a Konica T3N that has a meter that does not work...upon checking battery box, I find center terminal has went up inside camera body....my question....How do you get to the backside of the battery box to check terminals, I removed the bottom plate and looked at removing the bottom that housed the battery chamber but not sure this is the way to go...Is there a plate that is removable beside lens or how would you get in there to check the battery wires..??? Sure would appreciate any help or advice...to get me started in the right direction...

Haig Hovaness

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a T3 with the same problem. Based on the repair literature I have, It looks like the whole front of the body has to come off to get access to the battery compartment. Unfortunately, the battery box appears to be secured to the body casting with screws that are accessible only from inside the casting.

Mike Michaelski

Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haig is right! The camera needs to be completely dis-assembled to get where you have the problem. The best bet might be to send it off to Greg Weber or Ken at K&S, especially if everything else is working properly, and have them do a CLA and battery conversion (to do the conversion - they have to open it up that far). The one I just got back winds better (easier and smoother)with film in it than another that's unloaded.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration