Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F-1 repair and restoration Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Canon F-1 repair and restoration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joe

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, March 26, 2004 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi:
I have been repairing older Canons A & F series but have now decided to focus on the Canon F-1 mechanical versions. To this end I have invested in 6 F-1 bodies in various states of disrepair, the Canon factory repair manual and the Camera Craftsman series of articles on this camera.
I have two questions that I am hoping some one out there will be able to help me with.
Are there any other references or manuals that deal with this camera that I don’t have – how can I obtain them?
The second question is more specific- The removable eye level finder for this camera has a chrome ring on the back, how is this removed I have applied quite a bit of torque to it with an Allen wrench wedged in the slot on the bottom of this ring, with out success and don’t want to force it. What am I missing?
Any hints trick or tips on working on this fine camera would also be appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

Don

Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2004 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tomosy's bk 2 has a section on the F1. Not sure why it's necessary to remove the chrome ring but maybe it's a lh thread. I'm not familiar w/the camera but the CC articles should mention it.
Don

Joe

Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Don I took your advice and got Tomosy's book it had some information not found in my other sources. The reason that I would like to remove the chrome ring is that I wish to remove the top cover of the viewfinder and clean the viewfinder of some fungus and knock out a dent.
Does any one know how to do this?
Thanks

len

Posted on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe there is a thin 'cover' that is around the viewfinder...it is glued on and can be pried off....underneath there are four small screws. The ring 'eyepiece' attchmnt ring or whatever it's called isnt removable. I did this to take apart my prism. Hope that helps!

barry lockyer

Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2004 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just bought an New F1 with AE, the shutter is jammed.

I would appreciate any advice on how to unjam it.

Ride safe

Barry

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration