Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax Asahi K1000 hot shoe repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Pentax Asahi K1000 hot shoe repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zara

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2004 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My kids dropped my old Asahi while the flash was attached and the entire hot shoe fell off of the camera. It looks as though I could just make reattach with some glue.

I am using the cable today and by-passing the hot shoe so I can check to see if the shutter speed is in sync with the flash.

Does anyone know how I can check for a charge on the little pad where the shoe fell off? I am going to get a new battery tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

Does anybody know anything about repairing hot shoes or where I can find info? I'm googling, but any additional help would be appreciated.

Don

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Use an ohmmeter w/shutter set to B to check continuity between the tab in the body visible thru the opening where the hot shoe was & the top cover. Release the shutter & if the curcuits ok, you should read direct continuity. 4 screws hold the hot shoe. Those + a spring loaded insulator pin may have have flown off into space. If so, you can use contact cement to reattach. Flash won't work -- for cosmetics only but you can use the flash thru the sync. patch on the front plate. I avoid hotshoes for that reason.
Don

Ed

Posted on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you look at the front edge of the shoe, you will see there clip/cover that can be removed by lifting the lower edge slightly. With this clip off, there are 4 screws that hold the shoe on. You may have gently reform the top of the camera so the shoe fits evenly. When you put the shoe back on, be sure the little plastic pin mentioned above is in place or it will not work. A touch of finger nail polish on the screw threads help hold them from loosening.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration