Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Miranda Sensorex 2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Miranda Sensorex 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Elre

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone heard of this camera? Its from the late 60's early 70's...I really need to find replacement parts for it, but it seems to be one of the rarest cameras on the planet. I think I need a new shutter on it...not sure. I know that its really pretty broke though, sent it to a prefessional camera repair and they couldnt fix it. They said I needed to find parts first. Anyone got any Idea where I can find a place to repair this camera? Or buy replacement parts?

rainier.odonnell@comcast.net
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ezio

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Replacement parts as such could be difficult to get, because the company no longer exists. However, a quick search through ebay will produce as many Sensorex 2s as you could conceivably desire. You have two options here: 1) Buy yourself another camera. The right price should be around $30-40 for the basic model and up to $50-70 for the fancier Auto-Sensorex 2. 2) If you really want to repair the camera you have, tried to identify the parts you need, and then buy a camera being sold "for parts or repair" (of course, provided that the latter has a different problem) and cannibalise it. If you are lucky, and your camera repair shop know what they are doing, you may even end up with TWO good cameras.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration