Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon FE mirror stuck up Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Nikon FE mirror stuck up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jack

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay I'm not really an expert at cameras so im not sure how to fix this. I jammed the mirror on my camera while i was playing around with it. Okay here what i did (btw no film in the camera): I wound up my camera, then set the timer, pressed the button (the timer started), and before the shutter opened i locked the wind lever, then the camera made an incomplete clicking sound. So now the shutter is closed but the mirror remains up. Can anyone help me out?

Jack

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh I forgot to add: the lever wont advance and pressing the button does nothing, and when i set the timer it immediatly starts going as if the button has been held down.

Ed

Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

try setting the shutter dial to "B". If that releasaes the mirror, your battery needs replacing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration