Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta Hi-Matic F, Where does the bl... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2004 » Minolta Hi-Matic F, Where does the black battery wire connect to? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin Boyd

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 01:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have aquired a cosmetically very nice Hi-matic F to add to my growing collection of fixed lens rangefinders. This is my first one that had serious leakage from exhausted mercury batteries. Someone has cleaned all evidence of the leakage up, except for a telltale stain on the polarity indicator in the battery box. I removed the bottom plate and could see the pretty green of oxidized copper on the black wire connected to the terminal for the left hand battery (with the lens facing the tinkerer) contact. I removed the four screws holding the lens mounting plate and pulled the lens a bit forward to see where the black wire that needed replacing went to (glued to the body on the left side of the camera) Unfortunately for me, it was just hanging loose at the top end but gave the impression it was previously connected to the top of a circuit board mounted on the back of the lens plate. I don't know!

I also found plenty of green corrosion on the contacts for the battery check leaf spring contact, so wonder if it came loose from there, it would have reached either position while it was in the orginal place. HELP!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erin

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2004 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you very much Roland F for the time and trouble of emailing me with a wiring schematic of the Hi-Matic F that shows, as you say, the black battery wire connects to the battery check switch.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration